Chestfield is a strategic site of approximately 16.7 hectares and the Canterbury City Council draft Local Plan allocates the site forf 350 residential units and commercial development:-
- New housing including affordable housing.
- A range of housing types and tenures to match the local need.
- New employment floor space to complement the adjacent John Wilson Business Park.
- New public open space.
- New footpath and cycle links.
- Possible new retail/local facility.
- New flood alleviation measures providing attenuation